Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The beginning of the cycle

So, today I took all my files over to the prosecutor's office that are set in the January trial calendar. Its always strange at first, because I read the report and I listen to what the prosecutor has to say, and they're always so confident about their cases. And I end up thinking to myself, "dude, you are so screwed. I hope you listen to me and we resolve this thing before trial."

And then, I'll set appointments for all of my folks to come in, and I'll listen to their stories, and I won't believe that the prosecutor actually buys the cop's story. I will be aching to try the case, so I can prove I was right to the prosecutor.

Funny, I've been doing this long enough now that I can identify the cycle. Perhaps I'm naive, but I actually believe what my clients tell me. For their sake, I hope I don't lose that naivety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home