Sunday, August 06, 2006

Recap

Last week, I had 20 jury trials and 11 bench trials set.

I tried one case to the jury, which resulted in conviction.

I tried two cases to the bench, one restuled in a directed verdict and the other an acquittal.

There were numerous pleas, and several dismissals, and a few continuances to jury calendars or plea calendars.

All in all, I'd say that was a pretty good week's work.

Tomorrow is arraignment, and Friday is calendar call for the next batch of trials. Woohoo.

3 Comments:

Blogger 123txpublicdefender123 said...

You had 31 trials set in one week? I wonder what the ABA has to say about that! Congratulations on getting through the week successfully!

11:14 AM  
Blogger swd said...

Unfortunately, I did. I did have 6 jury trials set the week before, so it was a total, I guess of 37 cases in one, two week trial calendar.

And thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Daniel Partain said...

I know the feeling. I started out with 14 cases last Thursday. Now, I am left with only two jury trials on Thursday and Friday.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home