Monday, September 04, 2006

A New Division

Tomorrow, I'm starting in a new courtroom. I have mixed feelings. I'm leaving a very big caseload for the September trial calendar, but I really have enjoyed working with this Judge.

We didn't see eye to eye at first, but we ended up working together quite well. I think he likes to test people when they first come into this courtroom. I appreciate the fact that he is very practical, willing to work with defendants satisfy everyone's interests, as best he can within the confines of what he needs to accomplish during sentencing. A lot of our clients have challenges that the rest of the population doesn't. Some of them are just plain behavioral, but a lot of the challenges are psychiatric or addictive in nature. He is a very fair Judge, a Judge who is able to empathize, and a Judge who is able to see the bigger picture.

Like I said, it was good working with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home