Monday, December 04, 2006

First Week of Trial Recap

So I had another five cases set this past Thursday. None of them went, and I did end up getting two dismissals. This Court is working out a lot better -- I may have 20 cases set for trial, but they are spread out over two weeks, as opposed to one day. It makes for a more relaxed pace.

Sadly, I learned this morning that one of my client's passed away on Friday. He was one of the guys that entered a plea on Thursday. It was a domestic case, and he was going to admit that he broke his soon-to-be-former-wife's cell phone. The prosecutor worked with us and we ended up entering a plea just to the cell phone charge. (It's called criminal trespass here, if you can imagine that.) Anyway, he had health problems, and was taking dialysis three times a week. Apparently, he had a heart attack on Friday. This past month has not been the best, on that score.

1 Comments:

Blogger swd said...

I've been spammed!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home