Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Brief Vacation and Other Updates

Mrs. P.D. and I went to Chicago this weekend -- god I love that city. It was good to get away, and I'm feeling as if my batteries are somewhat recharged.

I had my last courtdate of the year today. Inmate arraignments went pretty smoothly today, but I am still trying to find ways to expedite the process. We had a Division meeting last week, and I suggested that the inmates be brought up to the courtroom 30 minutes before court actually starts. That gives the prosecutors and me some time to get things rolling, which hopefully comes off the back end. So, we had 25 or so inmates today, and we were done in about three hours. Not too bad.

I had a small falling out last week with my two prosecutors, but I think we've patched things up. I think most everyone was suffering from crankiness last week. I know that I was.

So, I have appointments and paperwork scheduled for the rest of the week, and then we're heading back home to Michigan for Christmas. I'm hoping that there will be some snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home