Saturday, March 31, 2007

PPD

So, a couple of weeks back during jail pleas, I talked to a guy that kept coughing. When he did cough, he would hold a handkerchief up to his mouth. We were sitting fairly closely together at the counsel table in the courtroom. I generally try to talk quietly, so that others can't hear, and, as a result, I was fairly close to the guy. Of course, the coughing set off all sorts of alarms about tuberculosis, but I was so busy working the cases that I forgot to actually ask him if he had TB.

Last week, the jail notified us that the fellow does, in fact, have TB. So, it looks like I'll be making an appointment with my doctor for yet another PPD. I'm probably going to schedule the appointment another month out -- I understand that the incubation period for TB is relatively long, and I'd rather make one trip to the doctor's office than two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

We had an outbreak at our jail last year and the entire office, all 100+ lawyers had to get tested... nobody was positive. Good news for you too I hope?

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home