Monday, July 30, 2007

Another promotion

Today, I found out that I am being reassigned to felonies, which are prosecuted in the uperior Court, here. I defended felonies before I came to the South, six years ago. I've almost forgotten what it's like, now.

I've been pretty well unsettled for the past month and a half, first going to the supervisor's position a week early, while I still had trials set. Then getting used to the role of supervisor. I had planned on covering for a friend who will be going on maternity leave next month, so I was beginning to get my mind wrapped around that.

And now I am where I wanted to be when I first started. I think I just need to let the dust settle some. It's going to be a great position -- the Judge, I hear, is on senior status and has a reduced caseload. So, while a lot of my colleagues have 150+ open felony files, I'll have less than 100. Not a bad way to get reaquainted.

3 Comments:

Blogger Remy, Esq. said...

Welcome to felonyland. Good luck on your new position. What part of the South are you in? Southern justice can be somewhat "different" than what I have practiced in other jurisdictions. Again good luck and keep fighting the good fight.

10:20 AM  
Blogger swd said...

Thanks!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations. Now the question is, do you really think that you're going to make a difference? Will your clients change their behavior in the future? Did the Founding Fathers have the recidivist repeat shoplifter in mind when they drafted the Constitution and the 10 Amendments?

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home