Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Promotion

Well, starting in July, I'm going to have a new position in our office. The Big Boss has seen fit to make one of the two supervisors in our misdemeanor court. It will be a nice change of pace -- I will no longer have my own trial caseload, but will be helping out at jail pleas and arraignments. In addition, I will be putting out various fires, most of which will have to do with mental health clients.

I have never really supervised before. I mean, there has been the odd law student intern from time to time, but that's really more mentoring, in my book. Hiring and firing decisions are, thankfully, left to others. So it will be a nice opportunity to develop skills on helping others reach solutions to their problems.

In that vein, I have already told one of my colleagues that I intend to abuse my powers by randomly making him drop and give me twenty. His reply was much less than respectful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Frolics and Detours said...

Don't forget to make your underlings pick up your drycleaning.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

We like to make our underlings get us breakfast burritos...

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home