Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Outed

A very funny thing happened today. A fellow blogger happened to come in contact with one of The Bosses today. The dots were connected, and the blogger explained that he knew one of the attorneys in the office, through this very blog.

This Boss is pretty clever (not that I suspect that she is reading these very words!), and immediately narrowed the field of potential supsects to two. She approached another in the office, and eliminated him. And then, while I was innocently trying to close files in JCATS or lookup something on WestLaw, or do something productive, I am sure, her shadow darkened my door.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I suspect that she used some sort of Jedi mindtrick on me, because the next thing I knew I was admitting that these, in fact, were not the droids that I was looking for. My sins were confessed, my soul laid bare.

Alas. No more complaining about the conditions of employment. No more bitching about management. No more skewereing co-workers. No more fun. I am outed.

...

Actually, and in all honesty, I've got a really, really good gig. And the Big Boss has told me, in another context, "I can't control what my employees do outside of work." God bless him.

7 Comments:

Blogger karl said...

I was always "out" to my current employers (over 4 years now). The great thing is the other side will eventually figure it out too & then the real fun begins. :: bwahahahaha ::

9:34 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I think you just outed your state when you said JCATS. Heh.

12:13 PM  
Blogger swd said...

That's one of those things that either you know or you don't.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I've had opposing counsel come up to me in court and say: "Hey, I like your blog!"

Yeah....

5:39 PM  
Blogger Rare Todd said...

Does this mean your finished blogging?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Rare Todd said...

(I mean "you're".)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... I'm sorry about that. Didn't mean to out you. I hadn't even realized.

I'm feeling rather guilty now...

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home