Thursday, May 31, 2007

Anticipation

Part of the Big City Next Door actually lies in our county. For whatever reason, it is almost impossible to get the officers from that jurisdiction into our court. Last year, I had a vehicular homicide case that was dismissed for want of prosecution because the investigator never bothered to return phone calls, either from the State or from us.

I have a little prostitution case this morning. She was allegedly soliciting in the City, and the prosecutors offered her pre-trial diversion. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to complete the diversion, and I picked the case up when it was falling apart, of course. Initially, I was a little upset that she didn't just finish what she needed to do. Until I realized where the incident occurred. Now its an entirely different story. These kind of cases are good for my stats.

EDIT: The officer didn't show and the case was dismissed for want of prosecution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home