Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Things not to wear to court

Walking passed security and out of the front door the courthouse yesterday, I saw a lady walking in with a t-shirt that caught my eye. It was black, very tight, and across the chest said, "I WOULD NEVER FUCK YOU." I had to take a second glance, because the "NEVER" was in much smaller print than the rest. My first thought was, "why the hell would you wear that to the courthouse?" Then I heard a deputy say, "she can't wear that" and my second thought was, "First Amendment issues?!"

I kept walking.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Funniest thing I've read all week.

7:42 AM  
Blogger GaLawyer said...

I had a juvenile client charged with battery for taking another boy and body-slamming him to the ground breaking him arm. He came to court wearing a t-shirt showing his idol, "The Rock," doing his signature move which is called "Laying The Smack Down." In case you don't know, "Laying The Smack Down", is picking up your opponent and body-slamming him into the ground. The client DID NOT understand why it was such a bad idea to wear this particular shirt to the adjudicatory hearing!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention the bozos that insist on wearing all their "weed-wear" (pretty much anything with a marijuana leaf on it) when they come to face their possession of marijuana charges. Boggles the mind.

4:05 PM  
Blogger swd said...

This really is just the latest instance of Not Dressed For Court. I'm sure everyone has a story like this.

But this was the funniest that I had seen recently.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Stop snithcing" t-shirt in a witness intimidation case -- gotta luv it.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the classic "no-no" was a client of mine who had the words "cocaine" shaved into his haircut for his drug trial! I had to beg the judge for a one day continuance so my client could re-do his hair-do!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home