Monday, January 28, 2008

Belated update

The jury was out for about 8 hours. They convicted my guy of 3 counts of robbery by intimidation, 4 counts of aggravated assault, hung on the possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and acquitted on the 3 armed robbery counts. The verdict is inconsistent, at the least -- they convicted on the robbery by intimidation, but still found that a gun was involved in the aggravated assault counts. I will not complain too loudly: at least my guy has is afforded the possibility of parole and will accrue good-time credit.

The Judge sentenced my guy to 20 do 15. No history. No one hurt. All property was found at the scene. That seemed awfully steep to me, given the circumstances, and put me in a tail spin for a while. I'll blog more on that later.

I'm getting really, really tired of losing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know the feeling. losing always sucks.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Sara Ashes said...

those of us under the GOld Dome deeply appreciate your efforts in the terenches. I know its often a thankless, losing job. Hang in there- you're doing such important work.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I know the feeling. Keep up the good work, anyway. Only worry when you don't mind losing. Then you're in trouble...

10:44 PM  
Blogger Ed Veronda said...

losing never is fun, no matter what side you are on.
http://westernjustice.blogspot.com/

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home